Monday, November 30, 2009
Quietly passing by....FINALLY!
This will sound silly to most, I am sure. But I will tell it anyway. Sitting here at 9:48 EST on a Monday night, trying desperately to finish (or start, actually) my final exam for my last graduate class, I was typing furiously when I looked at the date. It was that exact moment that I realized my ten year date anniversary came and went without even so much as a thought from me. November 15th, 1999, the STBX and I started dating. Now, in my defense, I never kept up with it. But the day after Valentines Day, 2000, he surprised me with roses, not for Valentines Day but for our three month dating anniversary. I know. Puke. This went on every three months for the rest of the year, (even tho we were married in June that year) until it was our one year date anniversary. Each year he would at least acknowledge it, even if it was just in conversation. Two months ago, I began calculating which days I thought would be hard to get through. This one really topped the list. But there it is, on the calendar, in the past. No excitement, no pain, no heartbreak. I honestly cannot even remember what I was doing that day. It was a Sunday. I believe I took the dog to PetSmart to be groomed. I can't be positive. But that makes me feel SO relieved. I was not in my bed, pining over him, mourning the loss of our marriage. And not even that. I didn't even THINK, for ONE SECOND, about it. Ten years had passed since that first date; the date we laughed about, the date we cherished. The date that supposedly lead to me spending the rest of my life with my soulmate. It was here for a full twenty-four hours and I was none the worse for wear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment