No, not sweet little moments like the Brad Paisley song....but little moments like....you're standing unsuspecting and your boss walks in and says "I saw STBX's mom in court today. She said she was really sad you guys didn't work things out." Okay, i'ma hafta call "bullshit" on that one! She hated me and that was just fine cause i hated her too. She was just like his first ex-wife--they were a match made in heaven (the mother in law and ex-wife, that is.) Trashy to the core, no morals, no manners, no mind! So i hear this come out of my boss' mouth yesterday, and I'm trying to remember now the sequence of events. As i said, i immediately called bullshit. But my heart wasn't racing. I wasn't sick to my stomach. I was slightly disgusted that thetrashy whore of an ex-mother-in-law would walk around town even uttering my name. How dare she! But then I thought, in the grand scheme of things, why do I care? Initially, sure, because i despise her. But what is it to me, that she even acknowledges me, even if she's trying to use our acquaintance to her advantage (by getting her mid-life-mistake son out of a speeding ticket). And yet, it irritates me. Now I realize, the mere existence of that entire family irritates me. Him, his mom, his children (bad, i know). And because I stood in that gazebo, and took those vows, in front of God and my family and friends, I will, forever, have little moments. Even exes from my teenage years can still conjure the slightest butterfly, whether good, bad or indifferent. So no matter where I end up, during or after this blog, (unless i move to Hawaii or the Virgin Islands) I am going to see him, his family, his friends and/or his children. He is a part of me, whether I like it or not. And I don't have to like it. Just like I am positive he does not like it that I will forever be a part of him. We thought we knew what we were doing, he was an asshole, it's over. Seems simple enough. Thank GOD we don't have children together. This link is tragic enough. But whatever happens, whenever I see him and/or his click o' gorillas, those little moments will be just milliseconds in my life that, someday, i probably won't even remember. My dreams and my goals and my entire life are all bigger than any memory he has ever been a part of.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment