Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Defense

In my defense....the gallbladder that RUINED my birthday trip to New Orleans had to come out! Now...that doesn't sound like much of a defense as to why i haven't updated the blog i said i would update every single day, but....it really was.  The first few days of recovery were hard. The second part, I was lazy and had TOO much time to think. When I have too much time to think, I can't even get the words to type out remotely coherently. So here's what's been on my mind:

1) Divorce Court--No, not the one on TV. But my actual court date. I work for a lawyer. He told me not to show up (as i was in recovery AND because the opposition had not followed the law, therefore, court was moot). HOWEVER....my ex DID show up. And i took great pleasure in this.  I know him. He has a nervous stomach. And i'll bet he got up that morning, SICK, got dressed and drove up to the courthouse DREADING every minute. He's not seen me, hasn't talked to me, since the day he said he wanted a divorce. He doesn't deal with me because this makes it easier to remain in the alternate reality he's created, where he has coincidentally rewritten history in his own mind.  I'll bet he sat in that hallway, looking up and expecting to see my face ANY MINUTE. But i wasn't there. I was at home in the bed at my moms, in my old room, eating homemade soup and watching Golden Girls (shut up). He was sweating bullets.  To even sweeten this deal, I will tell you:  my boss got to stand up and basically say "y'all are idiots. We told you what to do & you didn't do it." and the judge agreed. This made me very happy. Even sweeter: my boss said the STBX's hair was poofy & he didn't have on a tie. WELL OF COURSE NOT! I wasn't there to tell him to wear a tie and to get a haircut. Ergo, he has slipped back into social skill obscurity. Did he learn nothing from me?

2)  The trash: I got rid of it.  Have you ever had a "friend" who was an enemy but you kept them around just like the old saying goes?  Well i did. And i got rid of her. Actually, I got rid of her once, let her back in (shame on me) and my BFF got rid of her the second time.  During aforementioned recovery, this "friend" starts her stupid B.S. all over again and I had HAD it! In steps my BFF, with her supurb writing skills and gives the trash enemy a harsh tongue scolding !!! We promptly blocked the bitch and man have things been quiet ever since.  Not the first time BFF has come to my rescue, probably won't be the last. But i will think long and hard before i EVER let anyone else into my circle.

3)  Travel.  Next week I'm driving my mom, grandmother & her sister to Orlando. We're renting a van & taking my kids.  We're visiting family down there over fall break and we get free tix to Disney.  This is my motivation.  After that, it's only a matter of weeks before my trip to New York. Above-referenced BFF and I are hittin' it up and doin' it right! Last week I texted her excitedly that I had received the long awaited overnight mail complete with tickets, vouchers and armbands. The armbands will enable us to access Applebees on 7th street in NYC during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! We've got a whole package deal complete with tours and a broadway show.  We're both so excited we can hardly stand it! That, my friends, will be the trip of a lifetime!

That's really it. I'm back at work. But still staying with my mom. She refuses to release me until she's positive I can fully and competently care for myself, the kids & the dog. I'm okay with that because she's doing my laundry, cooking AND cleaning.  It's like being on vacation at home. So there's your update (previously mentioned BFF has scolded me for lack of updates).  More to come, sooner, rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment