Monday, December 21, 2009

Resolutions.....

In light of the impending new year, I would like to list my top five resolutions for 2010. 


1.  The obligatory, lose weight resolution.  Well, sure. I wanna lose weight. I'd love to be about two sizes smaller, which would still be plus size, but plus on the lower end, not higher end.  Sure, I've made peace with myself and my weight, and I'm relatively happy with myself. But I'd be happier (and sluttier, probably) if I lost about forty pounds. That requires exercise, though, and I am a firm advocate AGAINST exerting energy. So we'll see. 

2.  Saving more.  I want to believe that henceforth, I will put 10% of my paycheck and 50% of my child support into my savings account each time i receive them. It would be more likely to believe 10% and 25% respectively, but either way, probably only like, once every two or three months. Regardless, it is my resolution to TRY. 


3.  Less Computer time.  I have become one of those people who needs constant entertaining and stimulation and I get this via computer.  If I have facebook up, I have to check it every 120 seconds.  If my email is up, I refresh like every four minutes.  What in the WORLD could have happened in that amount of time? Just now, i reached over and checked to see if I had a text message.  For some reason, I believe the world is so centered around me, that in some way and by some means, someone has to interact with me at every moment of my life. I gotta stop that. It's utterly annoying! 

4.  More family time.  See above. Nuff Said. 


5.  Here's the biggie:  Don't sweat the small stuff ... the big stuff...any of the stuff. I started this blog because of my divorce and the subsequent healing process. In the midst of all that healing and what not, there are a million other factors that come into play in my life: job, family, teenagers, dog, men, etc... So what I'm trying to do (thanks, zoloft) is not sweat much of anything.  So many things are beyond my control and it does me no good to just "lose it" over every little thing.  That being said, if I don't lose it over every little thing, then i don't feel nearly as bad when I DO lose it over something justifiably worth losing it over! 

So we shall see.  Lots of changes happening, lots of things to look forward to.  2010 will be the year of not much traveling but that's ok. 2009 was the year of never staying home, so that should all even out. I have much to be thankful for and I'm relatively content (no kudos, please; it's only because no one is rocking my boat right now).  Here's to 2010 and possibly making good on at least 33% of my resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment